I hope you are enjoying the holidays! Thank you for supporting my work this year. I want to take this time to thank you and share with you highlights that many helped make come true in 2015. And share with you some 2016 projects.
2015 was a great year for me and the work I’m involved in. Here is a small list of my 2015 highlights for me as an artist/writer/journalist/organizer.
– Meeting with Kim Shuck to talk about publishing my poetry book and in late Nov holding that book! Thanks Kim, James Downs and Poetic Matrix Press
– Working with Emmitt Thrower to help produced the film Where Is Hope? & putting on screening/forums throughout the Bay Area. Film Screenings/Workshops
– Interviewing Josh White Jr.(Will be posted in Feb.2016)
– Being apart of Sins Invalid’s artistic event at U.C. Berkeley on Disability Liberation looking at people with disabilities who are locked up. Disability Liberated: Behind the Scenes with Leroy Moore
– Working with the late Lynn Manning, Bruce A. Lemon Jr., Watts Village Theater Company, Jesse Djquad Morin, Hassan Jamal and others on the up coming Its A Krip-Hop Nation play that will premiere in Spring of 2016 in LA. Watts Village Theater
A lot of changes for 2016 but all good. I hope I’ll see you at my book get down party on Jan 30th at Modern Times Bookstore in the Mission district in San Francisco from 3-5pm. I want to thank my family and community for your support when I launched the indiegogo campaign for my book and online campaign for the Where Is Hope: The Art of Murder documentary film looking at police brutality against people with disabilities with Emmitt Thrower.
In 2016, looking forward to new projects like, an anthology of Black disabled writers, Krip-Hop trip to South Africa, more wokrshops/screening of Where Is Hope with Emmitt Thrower all over the US, The Best of Krip-Hop Nation mixtape, other music creations and a lot more.
Once again thank you! Below are links for my book, a link to Modern Times Bookstore book event and a link to Where Is Hope’s website. I hope I’ll see you not only at the book reading but around in the community.
Bookstore event: Modern Times Bookstore Event
Buy the book: Buy Book online
Where Is Hope film’s website: Film Documentary on Police Brutality on Peeps with Disabilities