2014 has been one of the most exciting year in Krip-Hop Nation so far. Look what we done in 2014 & preview some exciting things coming up in 2015!
– Krip-Hop continues to write a columns for Poor Magazine & Ideal Magazine and has interviewed Hip-Hop artists with disabilities from Africa, UK, Canada, US, Casablanca….
See: http://www.poormagazine.org/krip_hop & http://itsanidealworld.com
– African American Leaders Partner To Host First Annual Music, Art, and Self-Advocacy Event Community Empowerment Programs Incorporated (CEPI) of NY worked extensively in 2014 with Krip Hop Nation (KHN), on programs that empower people with disabilities in arts, self-advocacy and music for the first annual event.
– Our annual Joe Capers’ Bay Area Tour exploded with international Krip-HHop artists from UK & Germany. We also went to LA to support DJ Quad CD release party where Lady MJ of the UK performed. Binki, Bowan & Lady MJ went onto NY to hook up with the co/founder of Krip-Hop, Rob Da’ Noize Temple
– Leroy Moore, the Founder of Krip-Hop Nation got done of the first draft of the Krip-Hop Book, six chapters
– Krip-Hop Nation aka Rob Da Noize Temple, Kounterclockwise & Leroy Moore performed & presented a workshop as part of Tangled Art + Disability Festival in Toronto. Thanks to the staff at Tangled Arts + Disability especially Cara Eastcott
– Co/Founders, Keith Jones & Leroy Moore of Krip-Hop Nation lectured & performed at Harvard University. Thanks Todd Carmody
– Founder of Krip-Hop Nation lectured at Georgetown University. Thanks Lyndia Brown
– Krip-Hop Nation (Eight artists from US, Africa &Y Germany) toured the UK as part of DADAFEST of Liverpool, UK. Thanks DADFEST Crew Ruth & Ross!!
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgMmgaXRm_o & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WphFlG5hMdA
– Ronni Ronnie of Uganda, Africa will begin to establish a Krip-Hop chapter in Uganda.
– Krip-Hop Nation continues to deepen its relationships with musicians with disabilities in Africa.
– Kounterclockwise and Jim Lujan put out an animated hand drawn musical film created by Jim Lujan starring Kounterclockwise Music by Kounterclockwise and Jim Lujan. Written by Jim
– Lujan and Kounterclockwise Leroy Moore & Krip-Hop made an appearance in the movie.
– San Francisco Black journalists//San Francisco Bayview Newspaper awarded Leroy Moore, the Champion of the Disabled in Media award at the Black Media Appreciation Night.
– Krip-Hop is more than music! One of the proudest times in Krip-Hop Nation this year, 2014, is when journalist, Galiwango Ronald of Uganda, Rachel Cohen-Rottenberg and the San Francisco Bay View Newspaper along with Krip-Hop Nation continue with the campaign of Eunice Atim in Uganda after being successful in getting her and her sister wheelchairs to make sure Atom’s education was payed for for two years. We raised enough money through indiegogo to pay for Eunice Atim’s education. Ronald and Krip-Hop Nation teamed up in 2013 to write articles that happened to be about a single father rising two daughters with disabilities who needed wheelchairs to get around. These articles were published in the San Francisco Bayview Newspaper. This campaign turned into a two year effort with two goals 1) wheelchairs and 2) education. Now going into 2015 we are proud about this team work that lead to this success. Watch out for Ronald Galiwango’s article in the San Francisco Bayview Newspaper on this successful campaign with updated pics of Atim at school. Thanks everybody!
– Finally Krip-Hop has a website thanks to CB Smith
What is coming up in 2015
All energy of Krip-Hop Nation in 2015 is focus on 4 projects/events
a. BIG! Krip-Hop Nation just partner with South Africa’s I See You Art & Music Festival that will go on in late May of 2015. A gropu of Krip-Hop artists will travel to South Africa to help organize, perform and present on the main stage of the festival. More info coming soon.
b. BIG! Kalyn Heffernan of Wheelchair Sports Camp will be the front artist of Krip-Hop Nation organizing and putting out a Krip-Hop all women Hip-Hop CD.
c. BIG! Krip-Hop Joe Capers’ Bay Area Summer tour
d. BIG! Krip-Hop/DADAFEST UK Tour short movie/video
For more info go to www.kriphopnation.com You want to get involve? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY TUNE IN 2015